Hey  there! My name is Shristi Gajurel and I am a 24-year-old living in New York City. I would like to share a little bit about myself in hopes that you will be able to have a better understanding of the concept and purpose of the Limitless Grit Podcast.

I was born and raised in Nepal and came to the United States 9 years ago. In 2015, my whole life changed. It was this year that I graduated college, got my first job, and moved into New York City with my friends. It was the perfect recipe for a young, single, college graduate. While living with my friends in the city I would go out on weekends and have the opportunity to meet and converse with many different people. Sadly, almost 98% of the time I would hear the same response night in and night out: “I hate my job”! The remaining 2% of the time someone would share how they actually liked their job and It shocked me! Then, I realized most people were unhappy and living doing something that was completely  different than their passion. And quite frankly, I was impelled to dig deeper.

Living in the city, I believed I had everything I ever wanted. However, I quickly realized that I was similar to so many of the people I encountered. Everything I was doing in my “new perfect life” made me miserable and I was desperate to make a change. Even though I wanted change, I had no idea of where to begin! How does a young woman, living in the big apple, the city that never sleeps and endless opportunity feel so lost? This is when I turned to books. I read voraciously, listened to ted talks and researched people who dared to live life on their own terms.

Reading led me to discover a whole new world of truly endless opportunities. In 2016, I felt my first step to change was to do something completely out of my element. I booked a trek to Everest Base Camp with complete strangers where I was able to do some true, deep self reflection.  During this incredible process, I realized what I truly cared about:  Continuous learning and positively impacting people’s lives.

After returning from my trip to Everest Base Camp, I kept thinking about how I was going to implement my passion into my everyday life. It wasn’t until I met a coworker at a new job that I realized a podcast would be the perfect medium, thus Limitless Grit was born!

In January 2017, I created a list of people that I found through my research and felt an obligation to share it with the world via podcast! Limitless Grit is a podcast where I have honest conversations with social entrepreneurs, thought leaders, educators, artists and anyone who I believe dares to live their life on their own terms. Every person selected to be interviewed on this podcast has a unique and different perspective in life yet all of them have one thing is common: consciously choose courage over fear. Some of my interviewees have impacted millions of people’s lives while others are just getting started. Throughout this podcast I will ask questions on how their ideas evolved, how they influenced people to join their vision, and even how they were able to receive funding their work.

This is my way of creating a platform where I will constantly learn new ideas and concepts while sharing it with you all!